Senior Kotlin or Java Developer
- To make a change in the Aviation industry-
WorldCoders has top clients with a strong focus on online innovation who are looking for top software developers; real code fanatics. Our code-fanatics work remote from offices in Lisbon for our clients in the Northern Europe area. Working with us is working with other code-fanatics at an awesome workplace. Sun, beach, personal development and friends are very likely part ;-))
Our clients are Dutch-based companies who are innovative and develop software largely for web and mobile devices. These companies are growing fast and often in several countries. You will be responsible for the back-end of the platform or our client.
“Great teams with passionate people
- lead to a top work place”
Who we are:
We are a group of talented engineers and domain experts working together to build something new for the airline industry. We represent travel industry geeks of every kind: frequent flyers, plane spotters, marketers and suitcase skaters.
We are passionate and want to challenge the state of commercial aviation by looking at the problem from a different perspective. We believe intelligence and automation will yield better returns. We believe in lean thinking and, with continuous improvement, we focus on delivering value.
What we do:
We build commercial software solution for airlines looking to challenge the status quo of enterprise applications. Using modern approaches to software development, we help airlines maximize their revenues.
* We build REST APIs to enable our web application to capture our users’ workflow
* We integrate and consume data from systems used by airlines
* We use modern languages like Kotlin and Spring Boot to increase our productivity and align with best practices
* We deploy our code multiple times per day using Docker, Terraform and Kubernetes
* We release Virtual Machine Images using Packer
What we’re looking for:
* You can turn complex business requirements into working software that our customers love to use.
* You strive for high quality but are also pragmatic
* You know when it’s time to refactor and when it’s time to ship
* You take ownership and will see your projects from inception to production
* You have empathy, patience and an interest in learning
* You have experience running applications in production and take software engineering practices seriously
* You understand the value of testing and automation
What you’ll be working on:
* Exposing functionality as RESTful resources that capture the user’s workflow with Spring Boot and Spring Data REST.
* Optimizing database interactions using caching, materialized views, indexing and aggregation.
* Building integrations using Spring Batch
* Securing our application using modern and powerful technologies like OAuth2 and SAML
* Handling authorization using RBAC/ABAC techniques and ACLs
* Deploying and scaling applications as Docker containers in our Kubernetes cluster
* Creating IFTTT style workflows using serverless functions and message queues
* You can write high quality Kotlin or Java using modern tools and libraries
* You have experience with the Spring Framework and its components
* You are proficient in relational database design and understand the tradeoffs between storage space and performance. You are aware of the limitations and benefits of an ORM.
* You are exposed to various architectural patterns that enable maintainable, scalable, high performance web applications
* You agree that testing is part of the task
* You enjoy working as part of a team, are keen to share knowledge and mentor your peers
A great workplace in the heart of booming Lisbon
Work on new features and functionality for great brands
Work on the quality of the code and a propriety framework
Great possibilities to learn and grow
Joining and help building our community of code fanatics
An excellent salary that matches your skills and experience
A really inspiring second home we call office with great colleagues and stuff